Monday, January 21, 2013

Books that weren't worth the time











We all have those books we've read that just weren't all that wonderful. These are some of my least favourite reads.

Dragon's Tears by Dean Koontz
Dragon Tears

One of the worst books I have ever read in my life. One of those books with an interesting concept that never gets off the ground. I didn't like any of the characters and was thankful when I was done.









A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons by George RR Martin

I LOVED the first three books of this series and I wish it would have ended there. Between the waiting for 6 years for books and the fact that the story line basically doesn't move killed these for me, I still haven't finished ADwD. I hated that he chopped the books into two parts so that you dont get all POVs in one book. Not a fan, but sadly I will probably finish the series assuming it ever ends.






Siren's Call by Devyn Quinn

Siren's Call (Dark Tides, #1)There isn't much in particular to like about this book. Characters were relatively one dimensional and the mermaid mythology was boring. Not a series I wish to continue.










Hades' Daughter by Sara Dougless

Hades' Daughter (The Troy Game, #1)This is a bit of a cheat as I haven't quite finished it yet. I wanted to love this book, I expected to. It's based on the labyrinth of Greek myth, on of my absolute favourite time periods of history. This book has been nothing but a terrible let down. It's predictable and slow. Nothing really starts to happen until about page 423. That's far too long to wait for a book to get interesting. Even now it's still only mediocre. The explanations for the 'game' are long and drawn out but somehow not explained fully. I'm sure I could go on, but you get the point.




So I know you've read them too, what are some of the books you've read that you really wish you hadn't wasted your time in doing so?

No comments:

Post a Comment