Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Bookish Habits

Miss Thursday, Lolita, has a lot going on so I'm filling in for her today. And since tomorrow is my normal day to post, I'm splitting this into two parts.


I will use anything and everything as a bookmark…even though I have a huge stack of bookmarks in the room next to me. I do use bookmarks but I won't go out of my way (aka get off the couch) to get one. Because of that I have used my phone, the TV remote, a blanket (that one doesn’t always work out), mail, tissues (clean tissues), my leg, my phone charger cord…with my phone attached, pens, and my ‘girls’ (just tuck books between the girls and your chin and you’re good to go).

I have read while doing other tasks. Like driving…I know, I know it’s definitely not safe but in my defense it’s usually while at red lights. I have read while straightening my hair which was surprisingly easy. All I had to do was prop my phone (or ipad) against the wall. I have read, on my phone, while doing laundry…not recommended. I end up worrying that my phone accidentally made its way into the washer!!

It’s VERY rare for me to reread books. It’s not that I’m opposed to it, there’s sooo many other books out there that I want to read. I think the only books I have reread are Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

I sometimes do judge a book by its cover and I have bought books based solely on the cover. Sometimes it works out for the best, sometimes not.

I always take the dust jacket off hard covers because I don’t want them to get hurt.

I had a library card that expired…and I’m sure the one I have currently will expire as well. Did you know they expire?!?!

Sometimes I will carry a book back and forth to work every day for a week and not read a word of it. I can’t explain this one.

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to stop back tomorrow to see more of my bookish habits!

GReep Jen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for filling in for me Jen! I liked reading your bookish habits, I also always take the dust jackets of hardcovers (but actually I almost never buy hardcovers, because I prefer paperbacks). I always use bookmarks. Reading while doing other things sounds difficult and dangerous. I do read sometimes while eating (only when I am eating alone).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically all of that is true for me as well. I hate reading with the dust jacket on!! Anything and everything can be a bookmark though!

    ReplyDelete